• Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Christmas Cookie - Eggnog Kringla  (Read 5060 times)

Offline JoesMom

• Friend
  • Need coffee
Christmas Cookie - Eggnog Kringla
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • By request (well no one really asked but here they are anyway).  No idea on carbs, good luck with that!  Kids love doing these because they get to form snakes with the dough. 

EggNog Kringlas

4 C all purpose flour
    1 Tbs Baking Powder
    ½ tsp Baking Soda
    ½ tsp Nutmeg
    ¾ C Unsalted Butter
    1 2/3 C Sugar
    1 egg
    1 C eggnog (dairy)
    Powdered Sugar

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside.  IN large bowl beat butter until soft.  Ad sugar and beat until fluffy; add egg and beat well.  Add eggnog and flour mixture, alternatively, beating until well mixed.  Cover and chill overnight (or several hours).  Work with ½ dough at a time, keeping the other in the refrigerator.  Roll approximately 1 tablespoon of dough into a snake, about 8” long and 1/2” thick.  On an ungreased cookie sheet loop one end over the other to form a pretzel shape.  Half pretzel is fine too.  Bake 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or very lightly  browned (don’t over bake); remove to cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

These can be frozen.  Seal in airtight container.

Julie - Mom to Michael (28), Joe (21 - dx 1/24/07 - Omnipod), Sam (19), and Sarah (17) - and Sadie/Deeya (my Soi Dogs)
    'Colorful' Colorado

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    Re: Christmas Cookie - Eggnog Kringla
    « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey - I asked for them! I'm somebody!  :'(

Okay, I will totally let you know how awesome you are by next week!  ;D
    ~Nikki
    Mom to Morgan (16, dx 7-13-04, pumpin' w/minimed since 1/30/06) Jessica (22) Tyler (21) and Rodney (13) Step Mom to Mickele (28)
    Grandma to Hannah (8) Layla (5) Addison (4) Joey (2) and Zoie (2 months)
    Rotterdam New York

Offline Kellie

• Admin
    « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • They sound good!
    Kellie ~ Mom to Christopher 10~ dx July 2004 and Emily 6~ dx June 2008 (Southern NJ)

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 09:27:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • They sound good!

Don't they!
    You should get Chris on these!  <roflmao>

I am thinking my kids will want to make them into wreath shapes tho, we made candy cane cookies too so wreaths will be a nice compliment to them.
    Now I can't wait to start baking! keep these recipes coming Julie - maybe we should do a cookie exchange thread!
    ~Nikki
    Mom to Morgan (16, dx 7-13-04, pumpin' w/minimed since 1/30/06) Jessica (22) Tyler (21) and Rodney (13) Step Mom to Mickele (28)
    Rotterdam New York

Offline Kellie

• Admin
    « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • They sound good!

Don't they!

I am thinking my kids will want to make them into wreath shapes tho, we made candy cane cookies too so wreaths will be a nice compliment to them.
    Now I can't wait to start baking! keep these recipes coming Julie - maybe we should do a cookie exchange thread!
    Wreaths sound like a great idea!  I am going to write down what I need now so I can pick the stuff up at the store today!
    Kellie ~ Mom to Christopher 10~ dx July 2004 and Emily 6~ dx June 2008 (Southern NJ)

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • They sound good!

Don't they!

Wreaths sound like a great idea!  I am going to write down what I need now so I can pick the stuff up at the store today!

OMG Hell really has frozen over! Kellie is going to bake!  :o
    Yes, I will be home if you have to call me with questions.  <roflmao>
    ~Nikki
    Rotterdam New York

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey ya know what else would be cute? Drop in a little green food coloring and then dot them with holy berries when they are done! (sticking with powdered sugar/red food coloring as a glaze for the berries of course)
    Then when you sprinkle them with powdered sugar they will look like snow dusted wreaths!

See how I'm gonna kill your recipe Julie?  <roflmao> I just can't leave well enough alone!
    ~Nikki
    Rotterdam New York

Offline mandi_smom

• Level 4
    « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks Julie...definitely going to try these w/Alec.  (Amanda wants nothing to do with the kitchen :-\ incl baking and/or cooking)...she only wants to eat what we make. 
    Yolanda (Mom to Amanda 21 dx 3/27/06, pumping w/MM since 10/06 and Alec 17) South Florida=

Offline JoesMom

• Friend
    • Need coffee
    « Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • you guys all crack me up.  I wouldn't put food coloring in them if it were me, because the powered sugar and all (the visual).  But it is now your recipe too, have a ball  and then make a snake - he he.

Julie - Mom to Michael (28), Joe (21 - dx 1/24/07 - Omnipod), Sam (19), and Sarah (17) - and Sadie/Deeya (my Soi Dogs)
    'Colorful' Colorado

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • you guys all crack me up.  I wouldn't put food coloring in them if it were me, because the powered sugar and all (the visual).  But it is now your recipe too, have a ball  and then make a snake - he he.

Yeah but wait - the powdered sugar is still going on, it won't be colored. Won't it look like snow on the green wreath? Tell me now cuz I just went out and bought some nasty ol' eggnog!
    ~Nikki
    Rotterdam New York

Offline JoesMom

• Friend
    • Need coffee
    « Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 04:10:08 PM »
  • Publish

Yeah but wait - the powdered sugar is still going on, it won't be colored. Won't it look like snow on the green wreath? Tell me now cuz I just went out and bought some nasty ol' eggnog!

Make the cookies, use the eggnog.  Decorate as you want.  Eat, enjoy, repeat.

'Colorful' Colorado

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • I will make them, I will photograph them, you can tell me if they're pretty.  ;)
    Oh, well, once I can get my computer to realize that yes, I would like these photos to actually freakin' upload!!!!
    ~Nikki
    Rotterdam New York

Offline JoesMom

• Friend
    • Need coffee
    « Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • Computers are a tool guided by humans, we alone control their functionality.  Got it?  Be strong, maintain eye contact and do not hesitate.

'Colorful' Colorado

Offline Nikki

• Friend
    « Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Computers are a tool guided by humans, we alone control their functionality.  Got it?  Be strong, maintain eye contact and do not hesitate.

<roflmao>
    ~Nikki
    Rotterdam New York

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.