• Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 43
Total: 44

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Update - My job sucks and they are so not understanding!!!  (Read 4471 times)

Offline RyleesMom

• Friend
Re: Update - My job sucks and they are so not understanding!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:50 PM »
  • Publish
  • So last week, I finally got all of this crap fixed with my work.  They had to remove any mention of my absences from my evaluation and HR informed them that it is a direct violation of my FMLA for them to even verbally mention something to me about my absences.   They've been super nice about it since then and didn't even say a word when I told them I have to take off half a day next Wednesday for Rylee's eye appointment and needed to take off on July 16th to pick Rylee up from D camp.

Now you should have seen the look on their face when I told them I would be out for maternity leave in January  :o  :o  I told them I would be getting FMLA papers for that to so we don't have any problems with me missing for my own doctor appointments now.
    Melanie
    Dallas, Texas
    Rylee's Mom - 14 years old, pumping with Omnipod March 2008 and Dexcom G4 January 2014- dx 05/11/07 - Emmalee - 3 years old (non-D)

[/UR

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    « Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 01:23:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • what a relief! <bclap>

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Offline Linds

• Level 4
    • Loving life! Has it really been almost 5 years?
    Re: My job sucks and they are so not understanding!!!
    « Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • As a former HR person...please be carefull when speaking to HR as well.  Yes they are there to assist you and insure that your supervisors do not step out of their legal obligations - BUT they are paid by the company.  If I were you in your response I would limit the amount of personal information and stick to the fact that you have not exceeded allowed time off.  ( IT doesnt matter to a company WHY you took off just that you had an allowed absence)  Unfortunatly when they management sees longterm health issues flags go up and biasis occur- is it fair NO, is it right NO -- does it happen YES. In this economy companys are typically looking for any way to cut payroll so stress your positives and that you have not in fact exceeded the limits.  Remember that ANY comments are documented and take notes yourself about meetings with everyone you speak to.   Mentioning that you did offer to work from home per the suggestion of HR is good as this puts it back on them that they did not accept that offer.   Just my two cents....Good Luck and sorry to hear that your boss is making things difficult.

Exactly!  You must take all of the personal information out.  It doesn't matter to them, could only make it worse, and frankly, is none of their business anyway!  When personal information is included, it just creates more problems.  I never, ever, volunteer any information.  Never.  Only that I have an appointment.  Also, I love flextime, and wished more employers would do it! 

Glad things are better now!
    Linds-dx. 12/23/2006
    Pumping with MM 722 since 12/6/07
    Dexcom 7+ CGMS Since 5/19/11
    DiaBuddies Finance Chair
    DiaBuddies Mentor
    San Diego Chapter JDRF-Outreach Chair
    UCSD Free Diabetes Clinic Volunteer

Offline PattyC

• Staff
    « Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • <bclap> YAY Mel!
    Patty, mom to Matthew 18, dx 12/05, pumping with MM Revel 723. (St. Louis, MO area)

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.
    anything