• Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: idiots (long but revenge is great!)  (Read 3297 times)

Offline jenyrin

• Level 2
  • I love T1P
idiots (long but revenge is great!)
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have worked in the medical field ever since I got a full time job.  When we moved back to my hometown, I decided that I wanted a more flexible schedule for my kids and went to work at a local store just 1/2 mile from home.  What I lost in pay, gives me more freedom to be home with the kids, and of course dealing with a child who is "honeymooning", the hours work better too. 

Last week, Michael was sick, yet again, and on his third round of antibiotics.  If this round didn't help, we would have to put him on a steriod.  The meds he was on was causing his bg to elevate.

I was at work by myself, and had no one to back me up on the register until 11.  The peds office called me and of course as soon as I got on the phone, there was a line at the register.  I had to take this phone call and I asked the lady who was first if she minded me ringing her up while I was talking to the nurse.  She said no, go ahead.  The next guy in line shook his head yes, so I rang him up.  Meanwhile, the nurse was having me repeat everything she said so I would know exactly what to do if M's bg went up too high.  I got off the phone and apologized to the man and he went OFF!  He told me how rude I was and how I shouldn't be on the phone and checking out people and he would have waited for me to finish up and I shouldn't even be allowed to work there because I was so rude. I told him that I obviously miss read him with he shook his head yes and I was sorry if he thought I was rude and I would be upset too if I was him.  I explained to him that my three year old was boarderline Type 1 diabetic and I was on the phone with the peds office because his sugar was bouncing back and forth.  He yelled at me and told me that his wife had been a RN for 35 years and he understood the importance of it, but I was still the rudest person he had ever come in contact with.  After he left I cried and cried not only because he had embarrassed me, but because he had f-ed with my kid.  You can belittle me all you want, but don't f with my kids.

A couple nights ago, I was at work and here he came.  Came though my line and just glared at me.  I clocked out, and told him I had something for him. I asked him if he was diabetic and he said no. I walked out to the parking with with him and I gave him a picture of my son and pointed to the girl who I was working with (she's been Type 1 since she was 7 and on the pump).  I told him that I wanted him to keep that picture and remember that girl's face everytime he ate a carb, went one day without having to worry what his numbers were, one day without having to inject himself with insulin to stay alive and didn't have to worry about if he's child was going to wake up in the morning because they could have died from a low in the middle of the night.  I told him that he should thank God he doesn't have to deal with that himself or any of his children or grandchildren and maybe appreciate the fact that I'm working my ass off to keep my kid off insulin for as long as possible and there are millions of parents out there that worry about things like this every hour of every day.  By this time his wife had gotten out of the car and come over and she hugged me and told him he had deserved everything I had just told him.  I may have been in the wrong (again) for telling him off like I did, but we need to stand up to idiots like that for our kids. What a  <L>

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    Re: idiots (long but revenge is great!)
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wow...what did he say if anything?

I bet it felt good after the other experience... I was always taught to treat everyone as though their cat died that morning, a reminder that you don't know what's going on behind the scenes if someone is rude or grumpy

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Offline PattyC

• Staff
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • <bclap> Bravo!
    Patty, mom to Matthew 18, dx 12/05, pumping with MM Revel 723. (St. Louis, MO area)

Offline rudi

• Level 4
    « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • Can you come and take on my kids teacher?   I'm really lousy at confrontation and she needs this BIG TIME!  Way to go, mama!
    Mum to Jasper, 14 and D-free, Zephyr, 12 and diagnosed Jan 29 2009, and Willow, 10 and diagnosed Jan 12, 2008. Wife and pest to Kevin since 2000.

Offline Mich*09

• Staff
    « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • I think we may just have found the President for our T1P posse!  Way to go!
    Michelle
    Mom to - Jordan 22, Grant (19 dx 9/17/09 MM Revel 6/1/10), Brett 16

Offline HD

• Level 4
    « Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »
  • Publish
  • I think we may just have found the President for our T1P posse!  Way to go!
    <t-up>
    Heather
    mum to Campbell (18) dx on 20 July 2007 Pumping with the t:slim & Dexcom, and Tom (14) non-D 

Offline RoRosMom

• Level 3
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • Way to go Momma!!! Your son is one lucky little boy.

I think we may just have found the President for our T1P posse!  Way to go!
    <t-up>

I agree!
    Marcie mom to Aurora 8 yrs old (dx 11/04/2008, Omnipod since June 2013), Citouri 9 yrs old (non-d), and Gunner 18 months (non-d)

Offline jenyrin

• Level 2
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • I hate confrontation too, but he messed with my kid and all our kids that morning and it pissed me off.

Offline kcbscrapper

• Staff
    • 18 year old son - Dx type 1 11/09 Dx Graves 11/10
    « Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thank you - just the inspiration I needed today as I head out the door to deal with Cole's school. 

Offline Mich*09

• Staff
    « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thank you - just the inspiration I needed today as I head out the door to deal with Cole's school.

Good luck Kris, let us know how it goes!
    Michelle
    Mom to - Jordan 22, Grant (19 dx 9/17/09 MM Revel 6/1/10), Brett 16

Offline lizzye6

• Level 4
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:30 AM »
  • Publish
  •  <bclap>

Mom to Charles 24 ,Dantha 23 ,Fala 14 [dx 9-11-2010]pumping with the ping since[ 9-26-2011] and my baby Halona 13

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.
    anything