• Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Poll

what is the most used insulin delivery method on this board?

Author Topic: what is most used delivery method on here? pump ,MDI vote!  (Read 8113 times)

Offline andrea

• Admin
    • My Blog
Re: what is most used delivery method on here? pump ,MDI vote!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • I hear minimed is going with a tubeless...someday!

yeah, I read somewhere that it was scrapped, but haven't been able to find any more info on it :-\

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Offline Ems Mom

• Level 3
    « Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • Em was on mm for almost 5 years.  Switched to the pod in Dec and loves it.  Said it finally feels good to be half way normal again.  Loves the no tubing.
    Karyn from Saginaw mom to Emily age 16 dx 2/22/06 was pumping with MM since 12/8/06, now pumping with the Omni POD, Brandon non d age 15 and Kara non d age 19

Offline haysmom

• Level 4
    • "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    « Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • I hear minimed is going with a tubeless...someday!

yeah, I read somewhere that it was scrapped, but haven't been able to find any more info on it :-\

Shhhh! I'm going to pretend I didn't read that and that you didn't just burst my bubble! LMAO
    Michelle ~ Mom to Haylee, 16 (dx 7/28/09 - pumping MM) & JT, 18 (non D) ~ West Virginia

Offline kcbscrapper

• Staff
    • 18 year old son - Dx type 1 11/09 Dx Graves 11/10
    « Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • In the minority with MDI here. :). It works for us, so we're sticking with it.
    Right there with you -- and so thankfull that it works well for us.  (Feeling kind of guilty about it ...but I like to sleep through the night when I can  lol)

Offline Cortisol

• Level 3
    • Coffee acheiver
    « Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • MDI and waiting for a pump referral class/ outpatient clinic appointment... still....

Offline Joy

• Level 4
    « Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • In the minority with MDI here. :). It works for us, so we're sticking with it.
    Right there with you -- and so thankfull that it works well for us.  (Feeling kind of guilty about it ...but I like to sleep through the night when I can  lol)

I actually think I got up more at night when Jon was on MDI than I ever have since he's been on the pump.  Of course he was newly dx when he was on MDI and was 15 when he was dx but I have rarely got up at night to check him.  When he went on the CGMS I had a good visual to confirm that his nightime basals were right and even though he rarely uses that now I don't check him. On the very rare occasion we think something might be off due to sickness or whatever he will set an alarm or I will wake him up to test but it's definitely less than one night per year that I do that.   I'm sure if he were younger it would be a different story if he wasn't wearing a CGMS.
    Mom to Jon 26
    dx 1/22/06 at age 15

Offline Sudip

• Level 4
    • Cure Diabetes
    « Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
  • Publish
    On MDI too - and doing fine thus far!
    Sudip, dad to Saranya

Offline 3kidlets

• Level 4
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • PODs here and love it (I think - Hana never says she doesn't like it....though I'm sure she doesn't *LOVE* it).

Aimee - Mom to Hana (10) dx T1 2/28/2010 Sean (12) and Case (8)  Wife to Scott 16 years

Offline RaymiesMom

• Level 4
    « Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ray switches back and forth
    April, NJ: Mom to Raymie age 20, Dx. 11/11/03 and Tracy, age 23.
    [imghttp://[/img]

Offline kcbscrapper

• Staff
    • 18 year old son - Dx type 1 11/09 Dx Graves 11/10
    « Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »
  • Publish

I actually think I got up more at night when Jon was on MDI than I ever have since he's been on the pump.  Of course he was newly dx when he was on MDI and was 15 when he was dx but I have rarely got up at night to check him.  When he went on the CGMS I had a good visual to confirm that his nightime basals were right and even though he rarely uses that now I don't check him. On the very rare occasion we think something might be off due to sickness or whatever he will set an alarm or I will wake him up to test but it's definitely less than one night per year that I do that.   I'm sure if he were younger it would be a different story if he wasn't wearing a CGMS.

Joy - I would have to see how things went if he ever wanted the pump..but I think if I didn't have that lantus cushion I would want to do at least one test at 4  hours.  I guess having a cgm would make it easy to check without waking him.  I love that we all have options and have seemed to find what works best for our kids.

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.