• Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Stomach bug  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Staff
Re: Stomach bug
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wow Vicki that had to be a very scary car ride. Thank God she is ok and yea so strange not bolusing for all those carbs. So glad you are here with us and loving it!!!

Anthony (age 21) dx age 9   2/24/2004

Offline VickiT1mom

• Level 2
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • This bug came on so quickly.  She was vomiting and her sugar dropped so fast.  I couldn't get any carbs in her without them coming right back up.  I called Children's hospital and they said to come right in.  Someone needed to drive and someone needed to sit with her and the glucagon shot.  So scary!  She was vomiting every 15-30 min.  When we got there, they gave her zofran to stop the vomiting.  This is the first time she's had a tummy thing since diagnosis, 4 years ago.  We're lucky that we went so long without a stomach virus.  Now I'd like to put her in a bubble  :)

OMG, that would be SO scary.  I don't know what I'd have done.  My husband works an hour away.  Neighbors are at work during the day.  I guess it would have been an ambulance ride!  Wow.  Scary to think about!  So glad it turned out well for you.  <hug>
    it happened Saturday night, otherwise I would've been in the same boat as you. Thanks so much! Wish I would've known about this site sooner.  Everyone is so kind and truly understands.

Offline VickiT1mom

• Level 2
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wow Vicki that had to be a very scary car ride. Thank God she is ok and yea so strange not bolusing for all those carbs. So glad you are here with us and loving it!!!
    Thanks, she's doing much better.  She's back to her silly self.

Offline janette2005

• Level 4
    « Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • I'm late on this but I'm glad to hear she is doing better.

Janette (Mom of Adrian, dx on 08/25/2005 & Alexander Non D)

Offline HD

• Level 4
    « Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'm so sorry that happened.  We went through a similar situation in June, and we ended up with an ambulance ride.  It's awful!  I'm glad your daughter is feeling better now.  <t-up>

I second the suggestion to ask for a Zofran script to have at home.  They make a tablet that dissolves on the tongue, so they don't have to swallow anything (and possibly throw it back up). 
    Heather
    mum to Campbell (18) dx on 20 July 2007 Pumping with the t:slim & Dexcom, and Tom (14) non-D 

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.