• Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Microsoft Research Survey  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder/Owner
  • Administrator
  • Luck. Runs. Out.
Microsoft Research Survey
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey guys- received this request, so if your interested in helping just check out the link
    and any questions you can send a PM to leslieliu

Hi,

I'm currently a research intern at Microsoft Research (and also a PhD student at the University of Washington). My mentor (Kori Inkpen Quinn) and I are interested in understanding how kids with chronic illnesses stay in touch with their friends. We are specifically interested in the current practices and different technologies kids use when they cannot be with their friends.

We would like parents of kids with chronic illnesses, like those with diabetes, to fill out a 5-10 minute survey. Afterwards, we'd like their child (between 5-18 years old) to fill out a subsequent 5-10 minute survey (which can be filled out at their convenience - it doesn't have to be filled out immediately after their parent's). The questions would be asking about the types of technologies they use to stay in touch with their friends when they can't see their friends. By filling out the survey, parents can be entered to win a $100 USD Amazon gift card. All the details can be found at: http://research.microsoft.com/tech4kids

I want to emphasize that this is purely a research project and that all the information that is provided to us by both the parents and kids will not be distributed or used in any way besides for research purposes.

It would be great to be able to reach out to some of these families on the Type1 Parents forum; however, I am cognizant of the difficult situations that they are going through and do not want to impose any type of pressure on them. We hope that with their help, we can better design technologies to help children with chronic illnesses stay in touch with their friends. I'd love to get some feedback from you on how to best approach this or if there is a possibility for you to broadcast the link to the community members.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
    Leslie

Chris
    -Daddy to Emily (9) dx 6/24/08 and Christopher (14) dx 7/25/04 and Ava

Offline janette2005

• Level 4
    Re: Microsoft Research Survey
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • I guess I wouldn't be able to help. Adrian is 10 yo but doesn't have any device or media account to communicate w/ friends other than my tel.

Janette (Mom of Adrian, dx on 08/25/2005 & Alexander Non D)

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    Re: Microsoft Research Survey
    « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • Done and shared via the T1P FB

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.