• Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: How do you carry your stuff around?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Spurcell922

• Level 3
How do you carry your stuff around?
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • I find myself getting frustrated lately.  Whenever we go out on weekends, we need to brig multiple sets of clothing for both kids, diapers, wipes, soppy cups, extra bottles of whatever they're drinking, and Chris D supplies.   I usually have the basic supplies in my purse, but don't want to carry my purse and a bag for the kids stuff.  So I find myself pulling stuff out of my purse, or using different size bags depending on where we're going.  It'd be really nice to find something that could double as my day to day bag, but also carry the D supplies and whatever I need for the kids on the weekend.  Any ideas?
    Sarah

Mom to:
    Chris, 4 yrs old, dx 11/23/11
    Adam, 2 years, non D
    Pumping with Animas ping 7/26/12
    Using Dexcom G4 9/13/14

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    Re: How do you carry your stuff around?
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • How much stuff do you carry? What size is your purse?
    If I had a diaper bag to tote also I'd probably put it in an organizer bag that could move back and forth. I think the one I'm picturing is at Fifty 50 med

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Offline HD

• Level 4
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • I was thinking a small-ish organiser kit for D stuff and a small-ish bag of your purse stuff, both of which can be tossed into the diaper bag.

Way back when, we got a diaper bag from LL Bean that had a big centre section with slightly smaller outside sections.  You could put the diaper stuff and spare clothes etc in the centre section, then the D stuff in one outside section and your purse stuff in the other.
    Heather
    mum to Campbell (18) dx on 20 July 2007 Pumping with the t:slim & Dexcom, and Tom (14) non-D 

Offline janette2005

• Level 4
    « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • During the weekends I have a backpack where I put wipes, my wallet, clothes for the little one (underwear and t-shirt), the D bag (from Medicool (sp?) where every D supply goes there). That is only if we are around the house not farther than 1 hr away.

For snacks, we have a little cooler where we put the dry food on top and the cool ones on the bottom. We get the stroller and everything goes on top (except the child  <nuts>)

Janette (Mom of Adrian, dx on 08/25/2005 & Alexander Non D)

Offline stefaniemsmith1

• Level 4
    • Discovering Our New Normal
      • Life With My Giggly Girls
    « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • I drag this lovely bag around, Kayleigh's pick. Try not to be jealous. lol  Attached is a Vera Bradley wristlet to hold my stuff.  That is all the space I get. It used to hold both girls things just fine but since we got the pings, 2 meters won't fit. So Mack always carries her stuff separate now.

It holds juice boxes and glucagon on the bottom.  Snacks/low treatments, meter, insulin pen, needles and all that junk on top. If we're going to be out in the hot for any length of time, I can fit an ice pack in the bottom and it'll keep the insulin in the top from getting too warm.

Wife to my hero, Kevin
    Mom to Mackenzie (14, T1, DX 9/17/12, Pinging Green)
    & Kayleigh (7, T1, DX 11/20/12, Podding)
    www.prncsstefy.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/GigglyGirls

Offline Spurcell922

• Level 3
    « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • I drag this lovely bag around, Kayleigh's pick. Try not to be jealous. lol  Attached is a Vera Bradley wristlet to hold my stuff.  That is all the space I get. It used to hold both girls things just fine but since we got the pings, 2 meters won't fit. So Mack always carries her stuff separate now.

It holds juice boxes and glucagon on the bottom.  Snacks/low treatments, meter, insulin pen, needles and all that junk on top. If we're going to be out in the hot for any length of time, I can fit an ice pack in the bottom and it'll keep the insulin in the top from getting too warm.

So do you bring this with you to the grocery store and stuff?  Usually in my purse I have the glucagon, glucose gel, a snack and juice box.  That's with me no matter where I go.  Then if we're going anywhere else, I pack a back pack or other bag.  But then I pull those items out of my purse and put them in the bag where I can pack more stuff like clothes and what not since they're still at the need spare clothes stage.  My purse is too big to pack in the bag, but a D kit with those items seems too big for my purse.  And I definitely don't want to carry my purse and a bag with me and potentially have a kid on my hip.  Ugh. 
    Sarah

Mom to:
    Chris, 4 yrs old, dx 11/23/11
    Adam, 2 years, non D
    Pumping with Animas ping 7/26/12
    Using Dexcom G4 9/13/14

Offline stefaniemsmith1

• Level 4
    • Discovering Our New Normal
      • Life With My Giggly Girls
    « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
  • Publish

• So do you bring this with you to the grocery store and stuff?  Usually in my purse I have the glucagon, glucose gel, a snack and juice box.  That's with me no matter where I go.  Then if we're going anywhere else, I pack a back pack or other bag.  But then I pull those items out of my purse and put them in the bag where I can pack more stuff like clothes and what not since they're still at the need spare clothes stage.  My purse is too big to pack in the bag, but a D kit with those items seems too big for my purse.  And I definitely don't want to carry my purse and a bag with me and potentially have a kid on my hip.  Ugh. 

Yep. I take it every where. If I'm going out along I just unclip my wristlet wallet and head out alone. I got tired of dragging a D-bag and a purse. Or having a purse loaded with D-stuff that I kept having to empty when I went out alone. 

I had bought a Vera Bradley commuter tote thinking I could just slip the d-bag in when I wanted to but sadly the VB bag was narrower than I had thought so it was just bulky and annoying. Then I just came up with the wristlet attached to the lunch box idea. I decided that I was too tired to care how stupid I looked with the sparkly pink lunch box in my hand.  lol

Wife to my hero, Kevin
    Mom to Mackenzie (14, T1, DX 9/17/12, Pinging Green)
    & Kayleigh (7, T1, DX 11/20/12, Podding)
    www.prncsstefy.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/GigglyGirls

Offline camodiva3

• Level 2
    • I love my T1 Diabetic Princess!
    « Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • We carry Daisy's stuff in a bag similar to the tangled one pictured above and then I carry a larger enough purse that it fits inside if we go anywhere.
    Brit
    Mom of Daisy
    Dx 9/10/12

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.