• Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Fried catfish  (Read 1479 times)

Offline jcsamom

• Level 4
  • KDA
    • KDA not DKA
Fried catfish
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • When we got home from work yesterday, we discovered the crock pot didn't get plugged in so there was no supper.  No problem, one of our local restaurants does all you can eat catfish on Wednesday nights.  Remembering it's a high fat meal, they both injected after.  According to Dex, we did a pretty good job.  Then they both went up after we went to bed last night.  Bedtime numbers were good for both, so I didn't do night checks.  This morning Seth was 217 and Jason was 202.  UGH!!!  I said something to the effect of no more fish and Jason corrected me quickly....no, we just need to learn how to do it. 
    Cassie dx 3/18/16 MDI
    Wife of Jason dx 12/14/12 MDI
    Mom of Seth (19), dx 8/24/12 MDI
    Mom of Josh (22), non-d
    http://kdanotdka.blogspot.com

Offline RyleesMom

• Friend
    Re: Fried catfish
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • So you're too much of a perfectionist...  waking at those numbers isn't great in our house but we don't complain either.  I love that your guys try so hard to maintain such good numbers.  Can they rub some of that extra caring off on Rylee??  She cares now but not enough to worry about a 202. 

I hope you figure it out as they can't continue to live in Texas and not have fried catfish!! 
    Melanie
    Dallas, Texas
    Rylee's Mom - 14 years old, pumping with Omnipod March 2008 and Dexcom G4 January 2014- dx 05/11/07 - Emmalee - 3 years old (non-D)

[/UR

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
  • Publish
  • Waking at those numbers after all you can eat fried food, I'd consider a win.  Of course, not ideal for all the time but don't stress too much.  It's hard on MDI to try to "fix" without waking.  <hug>

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Offline jcsamom

• Level 4
    • KDA
      • KDA not DKA
    « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • I try not to focus so much on the numbers, but I know how 200+ makes them feel. Seth spend a good portion of the night over 250, so I know he didn't sleep well. Suggesting we quit eating catfish was absurd on my part, and Jason put me back in perspective.
    Cassie dx 3/18/16 MDI
    Mom of Josh (22), non-d

Offline shortstopmom

• Level 4
    • Nancy
    « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:19:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • One of our favorite bar/restaurants in northern Michigan has an all-you-can eat fish dinner on Friday nights.   We ate there last Friday night around 6:00pm and darn if that stupid fish didn't hit me until about 2:00 am!  Yay for Lt. Dan for catching the high in the middle of the night, but it took me forever to get it back down again. and yeah.....I'm not going to stop eating that fried fish!  Just need to figure it out.....

Your guys' 200s weren't bad, considering it was fried fish!!
    Nancy
    DX March, 1971 (45 years). Pumping with "Forrest Pump" for 10 years.  Lovin' my Dexcom G4 "Lt Dan".  Mom/Stepmom of 7, grandma of 10.

Offline jcsamom

• Level 4
    • KDA
      • KDA not DKA
    « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks, y'all for helping me keep things in perspective.  It's one meal, one night.  They both usually keep a pretty tight range, not because I am stressing out over it, but because they are even more perfectionists than I am. I really try not to put any pressure on them for "good" numbers.  I come here to vent that stuff  ;)
    Cassie dx 3/18/16 MDI
    Mom of Josh (22), non-d

Offline RyleesMom

• Friend
    « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Do they ever compete with numbers? 

Every time we are around my step sister's ex-husband (T2 but oddly VERY healthy and fit) who has been totally insulin dependent for at least 20 years, he won't ever say what his number is until Rylee tests and then they compare to see who is in better range.  At Christmas, he teased Rylee saying she was higher than him because he saw her sneaking that OJ and vodka drink earlier.  They love the friendly competition.
    Melanie
    Dallas, Texas
    Rylee's Mom - 14 years old, pumping with Omnipod March 2008 and Dexcom G4 January 2014- dx 05/11/07 - Emmalee - 3 years old (non-D)

[/UR

Offline jcsamom

• Level 4
    • KDA
      • KDA not DKA
    « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yes, they compete every time they test together!  Closest to 100 wins (doesn't matter which side of 100).  They are now thinking about changing it whoever's meter is closer to their dex reading.  They do try to keep it fun  <roflmao>
    Cassie dx 3/18/16 MDI
    Mom of Josh (22), non-d

Offline RyleesMom

• Friend
    « Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • We always make it a day of fun when we go to the endocrinologist by taking the entire day off and eating somewhere fun and trying to do something afterwards since we go all the way to Fort Worth to the endo and each time we guess the A1C and whoever is closest gets to pick where we eat after the endo.  Rylee typically guesses the closest so she normally gets to pick.  One time we met my parents for lunch after and whoever was the furthest away had to sit by my parents during lunch and that time Rylee lost!!   8,)
    Melanie
    Dallas, Texas

[/UR

Offline jcsamom

• Level 4
    • KDA
      • KDA not DKA
    « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • We do pretty much the same thing!  We try to make the day special and try a new downtown restaurant each time.  Seth is usually dead on or only .1 off on his a1c. 
    Cassie dx 3/18/16 MDI
    Mom of Josh (22), non-d

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.
    anything