• Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: UVA Project Question  (Read 956 times)

Veronica C

UVA Project Question
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi all,

My name is Veronica and I am a 3rd year Biomedical Engineering major at the University of Virginia. For a class I am enrolled in this semester, we are studying diabetes and possible design concepts to treat this disease. My partner for the project, Claire, and I have decided to focus on nocturnal hypoglycemia in type I diabetics between the ages of 8-13. While our research has mostly been about the patient thus far, we have decided to additionally talk to parents of diabetics in order to get their perspective on this subject and how they help their children deal with nocturnal hypoglycemia. Any and all feedback would be very beneficial to us!! Thank you so much!

Veronica and Claire

Offline apeanes

• Level 3
    Re: UVA Project Question
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • a few quick questions (just FYI - my son is 12 and T1)  Trying to determine what you are looking for... our son is on a CGM and typically is hypoglycemic unaware at night.. the CGM alerts us and we check and treat (typically with a juice box which at this point he can drink in his sleep)  For us it means less sleep and when he doesn't have the CGM we check at a minimum every three hours just to be safe since he doesn't wake up at all.  Feel free to email me at apeanes@gmail.com if you have questions (BTW.. my niece is a 2nd year at UVA this year and we are in SE VA so it is awful cool to have so much diabetes research so close)

Anna, mom to
    Sean, 12 dx 4/2010
    Phil, 5

The life of man is like a game with dice; if you donít get the throw you want, you must show your skill in making the best of the throw you get. - Terence

Humor prevents one from becoming a tragic figure even though he / she is involved in tragic events. - E. T. Eberhart

Offline andrea

• Admin
      • My Blog
    Re: UVA Project Question
    « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • It might be helpful if you had a list of questions to be answered or if you set up a survey.

I'm much more informative when given prompts

Mom to Annelies, 14 (Dx 18 Mar 08~Pumping MM Oct 08-May 12, Omnipod May 12-Aug 13. tSlim Aug 13+ ~Dexcom Oct 11), Katy, 18 (non-D) and Jory (non-D/US Navy)
    God created wine to keep Army Wives from taking over the world
    My blog

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.
    anything