• Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Changed up basel wish me luck  (Read 894 times)

Offline lizzye6

• Level 4
  • I love T1P
Changed up basel wish me luck
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • Falas endo apointment didnt happen at the new building they gave her  her appointment for 11-20 they didnt tell the ladys at the front desk os they had no appointment for her and then they tell her endo was on vaction nice we where not the only ones with messed up appointments she said they can make a appointment with a nurse practioner but then she didnt have a opening so now we have to wait till dec 30

so Fala has been having some highs and i am afraid to let one of the nurses sugest changes because they dont know Fala and how crazy just a small change cause trouble her endo is the only one she se never a nurse at all so i changed 2 of her basel whwer i see a pattern we will see what happens if it works ok there is a couple more that will need changed but holding off because with her it could be the weather changed just changing 1 basel can puch her either way and its awful so i will keep an eye on it she took her Dex off she wore it for 2 weeks and most of the time it was off by alot

so she did good check and every thing before the Dex and she will just do as she always did till i talk to her endo

Mom to Charles 24 ,Dantha 23 ,Fala 14 [dx 9-11-2010]pumping with the ping since[ 9-26-2011] and my baby Halona 13

Offline wildflower142

• Level 4
    Re: Changed up basel wish me luck
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • i hope you don't have to travel far to see her endocrinologist. I can't believe they forgot to call and cancel patients appointments. I hope the changes you make work out :)
    Chris mom to 4 girls
    Ashleigh (17) T1D 3/23/10
    MDI w/Lantus & Novolog
    Pumped Animas & Tslim: Dec 2010-July 2015
    A1C 6.2%

Offline SarahMay

• Level 3
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • How frustrating.

I can relate to the basal changes, my kids are the same way. One little change up or down makes a huge difference for them, too!
    Sarah - wife to Aaron, mom to
    Matthew (9) non-D
    Jonah (8) DX 02/05/14 (Animas Ping, Dexcom)
    Isaiah (8) DX 01/10/13 (Animas Ping, Dexcom)
    Gideon (5) non-D

Offline gsmama

• Admin
    • I hate diabetes.
      • Type 1 Demystified
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • I'm in there too. I made one change to G's basal, a .05 change and he's been low for a week, 53, 47 etc. Changed it back and now we are 200 again. Good luck!
    Leslie in New Jersey: mom to ava 11 (non-d) and giovanni 13 (dx'd T1D 7/25/07 and Celiac 1/14)

Offline lizzye6

• Level 4
    • I love T1P
    « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Endo is just acrossed town i guess the changes is working she did have a low at midnight the first night but sje was running high at 7am this morming she was 147 better then the 200 she has been but i think its about that time of month we will see.

oh good news i think she is coming around about her dex i talked to a lady at the dexcom and she was telling me some things to try and get it almoat right when i was off the phone Fala said when we put a another  senor in if she can have the needle part her freind wants to see it and i guess she wants to show it to her teacher guess if thats what it takes to get here to wear it she may have the needle part lol

Mom to Charles 24 ,Dantha 23 ,Fala 14 [dx 9-11-2010]pumping with the ping since[ 9-26-2011] and my baby Halona 13

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.