• Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Author Topic: Friends for life 2017  (Read 328 times)

Offline momof9

• Level 2
  • I love T1P
Friends for life 2017
« on: May 06, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
Anyone been to these conventions?  I have a 13 year old daughter and we're signed up to go this year.  But I have some concerns... seems like they stress the "no parents allowed" teen events quite a bit...like that's a good thing?  My daughter happens to like when I'm around.  I mean...I get it if it's just a joke...but if it's the mentality that a lot of people have these days that parents are stupid and don't know what they're talking about then I want nothing to do with it.  I hate to sound so negative, but I'm just cautious and the words "no parents allowed" are just a red flag to me.  Can anyone relate?

Offline oddangela

• Level 4
  • I love T1P
Re: Friends for life 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »
We have not been but I know tons of people who have and they have nothing but raves.  Honestly it's appropriate for teen events to be no parents.  I have a 12 year old so I understand how it's rough to see that for those of us on the younger end of the teen spectrum but this is a place I'd trust it.
Angela- Mom to S- 8/9/04 (dx 5/4/11)  G- 6/4/08 and L- 4/3/12 and W- 3/18/15

Close
Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.