• Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 195
  • (September 14, 2016, 12:21:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

T1P Official Shop

Get your Official T1P and Diabetes Awareness gear right here!

Click image to visit our store!
 Redesigned products!

Proceeds from sales go to support the operation of this website!

Poll

Who will you vote for?

Obama
34 (53.1%)
McCain
30 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: The next president  (Read 18207 times)

Offline Tara

• Level 4
Re: The next president
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 07:48:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • I was surprised to hear that she wanted it actually.  That is scary Toni - I hope that's not what she thinks.  I don't think it is actually.  I think it would be good if she were on the ticket though - then the party could really come together.  I am pulling for Howard to kick butt with his 50 state strategy.  Ok there you know who I voted for, in case you had any question!
    Tara
    Mom to Finn, 4 years old, dx 8/29/05 and Niamh, 3 years old

Offline Kellie

• Admin
    « Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 07:56:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • I was surprised to hear that she wanted it actually.  That is scary Toni - I hope that's not what she thinks.  I don't think it is actually.  I think it would be good if she were on the ticket though - then the party could really come together.  I am pulling for Howard to kick butt with his 50 state strategy.  Ok there you know who I voted for, in case you had any question!

I was kinda surprised too!  I think if they could work together, without any arguements, it may just work.  But I think she'd be better off getting out of the spotlight and just running again in 4 years!!
    Kellie ~ Mom to Christopher 10~ dx July 2004 and Emily 6~ dx June 2008 (Southern NJ)

Offline Patty K

• Friend
    « Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • ok Tara I must be a idiot..Howard ?  like in Dean?  I voted for Obama..typically I vote Republican..not this year..but I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hope Obama doesn't pick Hillary(may have to reconsider..she is ick in my book-but she does remind me of my sister :-\)
    Patty, Mom to 4 boys: Matt 22, Stephen 20, Jake 13dx 7/22/06 tslim and Dexcom and Luke 11 dx 11/15/10 Omnipod and Dexcom  " Merry Maryland "

Offline Tara

• Level 4
    « Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • ok Tara I must be a idiot..Howard ?  like in Dean?  I voted for Obama..typically I vote Republican..not this year..but I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hope Obama doesn't pick Hillary(may have to reconsider..she is ick in my book-but she does remind me of my sister :-\)

Yep as in Dean - he's chair of the Dem party.  Has been organizing the grassroots efforts.  I like Hillary - voted for her in the primary.  Hope Obama does win - need some Chicago inflence at the White House.  Brat cookout on the mall!
    Tara
    Mom to Finn, 4 years old, dx 8/29/05 and Niamh, 3 years old

Offline Mindy

• Level 4
    « Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • I voted when this was first put up (Obama)...it's close.  What will be neat is to watch how our mini vote compares to the real thing.

Offline Chris

• Founder/Owner
    • Administrator
    • Luck. Runs. Out.
    « Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sorry- I did have a cup of the Obama KoolAid on the table at one time......then I spit in it.

Not for one second will I vote for a man whos been spiritually led by someone like Jeremiah Wright!
    Not for one second do I believe he had NO IDEA what this man was about and him denouncing Wright was a publicity stunt
    Have a backbone......I was appalled when the catholic church swept all those pedofile priests under the rug and I refuse to worship there.....and Im not running for the most important job in the world.

John Edwards had already pointed out Obama's tendacy to vote present instead of yes or no....... have a backbone! Esp if you criticize ANYONE..... for their choices. And thats anyone from W, Hillary Edwards or McCain.

Sorry- the guy couldnt really seal the deal and got a gift from the DNC when they ruled on FL and MI. That wouldve changed to whole race before that.

No Im not a fan of Hillary...... (she really had her 2 terms already) but I did start to respect her for sticking it out like she did despite what her own party was telling her.

But I do understand some who are choosing Obama- like I said it depends on how one weighs issues.
    Chris
    -Daddy to Emily (9) dx 6/24/08 and Christopher (14) dx 7/25/04 and Ava

Offline Bernadette

• Staff
    « Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • I agree with almost everything you have said Chris

PS: I love when you post

Anthony (age 21) dx age 9   2/24/2004

Offline Keri

• Soju Queen
    • Level 4
    « Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sorry- I did have a cup of the Obama KoolAid on the table at one time......then I spit in it.

Not for one second will I vote for a man whos been spiritually led by someone like Jeremiah Wright!
    Not for one second do I believe he had NO IDEA what this man was about and him denouncing Wright was a publicity stunt
    Have a backbone......I was appalled when the catholic church swept all those pedofile priests under the rug and I refuse to worship there.....and Im not running for the most important job in the world.

John Edwards had already pointed out Obama's tendacy to vote present instead of yes or no....... have a backbone! Esp if you criticize ANYONE..... for their choices. And thats anyone from W, Hillary Edwards or McCain.

Sorry- the guy couldnt really seal the deal and got a gift from the DNC when they ruled on FL and MI. That wouldve changed to whole race before that.

No Im not a fan of Hillary...... (she really had her 2 terms already) but I did start to respect her for sticking it out like she did despite what her own party was telling her.

But I do understand some who are choosing Obama- like I said it depends on how one weighs issues.
    thanks chris!  <bclap>
    Wife to Joe, mom to Izzac 10 (dx Nov 03), Isabella (Izzy) 5, Kaydence (babydoll) 4 and Baby Joey 10 months living in Southern Arizona

All 4 pic taken March 14th

Offline Chris

• Founder/Owner
    • Administrator
    • Luck. Runs. Out.
    « Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 01:17:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • thanks and as a footnote.......
    I dont want people to thing that race or sex had a factor into this decision because
    I would probably vote for these two faster than I would vote for John McCain

Funny- they both had the same job......

maybe vice president?
    Chris

Offline Bernadette

• Staff
    « Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 01:45:41 AM »
  • Publish
  • The VP on both sides will sure be interesting....I can't wait to see who is picked

Offline Twinklet

• Level 4
    « Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 02:15:12 AM »
  • Publish

I agree with this. I liked him at first, too, but the more I learn the more concerned I become.

I don't like John McCain much, either. It's like choosing between a rock and a hard place.

I would have considered voting for Hillary if she won. But only because I just don't care for McCain.

Where are the better candidates?  :-\
    Elizabeth (14), non-D, and Emily (18), diagnosed 5/06; pumping with Medtronic. Occasionally uses Dexcom Share.

Offline Kellie

• Admin
    « Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • Funny, I agree with everything Chris has said, but I'll still go with Obama over McCain!  I don't really care for either of them, but the issues that I am concerned with most have me choosing Obama!  Really, it will come down to VP's for my final decision.  If McCain chooses Connie, I may just go with him!!  But we'll see, I don't agree with a lot of republican stand points on issues such as gay rights, abortion and some health care stuff.  I guess it'll be a waiting game!  Damn Hillary, why'd you have to drop out!!!!
    Kellie ~ Mom to Christopher 10~ dx July 2004 and Emily 6~ dx June 2008 (Southern NJ)

Offline Bernadette

• Staff
    « Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • I am not one to put my political views out there often but I will say that I am thrilled the Hillary is out.

Offline Mindy

• Level 4
    « Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • I also agree with a lot of what Chris said, and I am voting solely on issues. 

Offline Chris

• Founder/Owner
    • Administrator
    • Luck. Runs. Out.
    « Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Damn Hillary, why'd you have to drop out!!!!
    She didn't, technically but she really didnt have a choice. The DNC was pushing her out anyway.
    Chris

Facebook Comments

Close
    Dear Guest, We hope that you are enjoying the T1P Community. If so, we hope you take advantage of more benefits of this great community by becoming a registered member.
    anything